The following are precepts for mastering karate-do
- He is human and so am I.
- I cannot develop my own potentialities when in the trap of self-limitations.
- I must discard this self-limitation. If he practices 3 times, I must practice 6 times.
- “Do not depend upon others for your improvement.” Musashi Miyamoto, Japan’s greatest swordsman, once said, “Pay your respects to the Gods and Buddha’s, but never rely on them.”
- Earnestly cultivate your mind as well as your body and believe in yourself.
- Karate-do may be referred to as the conflict within yourself, or a life-long marathon which can be won only through self-discipline, hard training and your own creative efforts.